Meal of the Month: Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
There’s nothing quite like a tasty bowl of soup. Our featured meal this month is courtesy of allrecipes.com. It’s a wonderful no-nonsense, rich and creamy tomato basil soup we’re sure you’ll enjoy.
- 4 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 14 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves.
- Return the puree to the stock pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and stir in the heavy cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prepare and produces 4 servings.
Why not experiment with this recipe using fresh basil and mini tomatoes grown in your Smart Garden?
To learn more about what we believe in, head over to www.clickandgrow.com. Discover how the Smart Garden 3 and Smart Garden 9 make growing fresh, organic food and flowers at home easier than ever.
Be sure to check out our blog for valuable features such as green living tips, ways to create sustainable homes, the importance of food safety, how to grow plants indoors and much more.