There’s nothing quite like a tasty bowl of soup. Our featured meal this month is courtesy of allrecipes.com. It’s a wonderful no-nonsense, rich and creamy tomato basil soup we’re sure you’ll enjoy.
- 4 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 14 leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves.
- Return the puree to the stock pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat and stir in the heavy cream and butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prepare and produces 4 servings.